Who is Omniya?
A Kuwaiti project that loves to make Kuwait clean by spreading environmental awareness and separating plastic waste from the source for recycling and preventing it from reaching to landfills or the sea.
An interview with the founders of Omnia Factory
Sanaa AlQemlas and Farah Shaban, founders of Omnia Factory for recycling the plastic material PET.
- Disposing of plastic waste in a safe and feasible way that contributes to create a civilized and developed environment for developed countries culturally, socially and industrially.
- Reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators, which reduces the emission rates of toxic gases into the air and the negative impact of soil and groundwater.
- Contribute to eliminate the problem of marine pollution resulting from waste and preserving marine life and wildlife.
- The plastics recycling industry reduces carbon emissions compared to the raw materials industry.
- Spreading environmental awareness in society.
- Effective and useful community service to create an educated, aware and civilized generation.
- Spreading the culture of sorting recyclable waste and cultivating it in the community.
- Creating six times more jobs in recycling industries than in landfill.
Closure of Omniya factory.
- Omniya represented the State of Kuwait at the United Nation High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development- New York.
- The Environment Public Authority allows us to import from Saudi Arabia.
- Omniya exports to Europe exceeded 1000 tons.
- 11- November: Opening of Omniya factory, recycling the plastic material PET, sponsored by His Highness the Prime Minister.